Rimac C Two
The Rimac C_Two is a pure electric GT hypercar as capable on track as it is crossing continents. A car as bespoke as it is user-friendly. Configurable, personal and extremely powerful, representing what is possible when true innovation and passion is allowed free rein. Building on the knowledge gleaned from the brilliantly powerful Rimac Concept_One, the all-new Rimac C_Two combines the very best materials and bespoke technology to produce something both revolutionary and eminently useable, with performance and character that elevates the genre. There is – quite literally – no other car like it.
Designed by Rimac’s in-house team and made entirely from scratch with all-new, groundbreaking technologies – the Rimac C_Two features a full carbonfibre monocoque with bonded carbon roof, integrated battery pack and merged rear carbon subframe. Crash structures are formed from aluminium, and the body itself is pure carbonfibre, with the result that it is both relatively light and exceptionally strong. Double wishbone suspension with electronically-controlled dampers and active height adjustment provide a smooth and comfortable ride, with four electric motors powering each individual wheel giving both four-wheel drive and unprecedented levels of dynamic control. And while a pair of independent single-speed gearboxes apply drive to the front wheels, a pair of independent two-speed, gearboxes – one for each rear wheel – allow the C_Two to make use of its prodigious torque to produce both mind-blowing acceleration and true hypercar top speed.
Carefully integrated into the graceful, agile form are a variety of active elements, from flaps in the hood that alter the Rimac C_Two’s aerodynamic profile, to a rear wing that adopts different positions according to dynamic loads and operates as a full air-brake to stabilise the car under heavy braking. A flat floor and active rear venturi also ensure that the Rimac C_Two is both aerodynamically efficient and stable at speed – again necessary with a car capable of such outrageous numbers. Even the lightweight forged wheels have an aerodynamic function, ensuring that the braking system is fed with cooling air while allowing smooth airflow down the flanks of the car at speed. Various cooling channels are also animate, to ensure the best possible efficiency and performance at all times.
Rimac’s own suite of electronic control systems means that full torque-vectoring is available (and necessary!) to harness 1,914 hp (1,408 kW) of power and 2,300 Nm of torque – two and a half times the torque output of a contemporary hypercar. R-AWTV (Rimac All-Wheel Torque Vectoring) replaces traditional Electronic Stability Program and Traction Control systems and enables infinitely variable dynamic responses, from full grip to extended drifting capability, to satisfy even the most demanding of drivers. With such power comes responsibility: The Rimac C_Two is equipped with the latest braking technology. In addition to a maximum regenerative braking of 150 kW, huge 390mm Brembo CCMR carbon ceramic brake discs and six-piston calipers feature on both the front and rear axles, allowing for fade-free, powerful deceleration.
With a top speed of 258 mph (412 km/h), a zero to 60mph time of 1.85 seconds and a zero to 100 mph (161 km/h) time of 4.3, the Rimac C_Two makes devastating use of the instant-torque available to an electric vehicle and the traction made possible by the unique drivetrain and bespoke Pirelli tyres. More than that, the Rimac C_Two maintains its eye-widening acceleration throughout a full-throttle cycle, achieving 186 mph (300 km/h) from rest in just 11.8 seconds. Such shattering ability equates to a quarter-mile time of just 9.1 seconds – a figure usually only associated with specialist racing machinery.
Yet the Rimac C_Two is a comfortable, bespoke GT car that has a 650 km range (NEDC), can be charged to 80-percent capacity in less than 30 minutes, and has been designed to be used hard, repeatedly and reliably. This is no fragile thoroughbred; new and innovative, liquid-cooled thermal management systems mean that this is a car capable of two full laps of the infamous Nürburgring at full power – with a negligible drop in performance.
It remains a vital aspect of a true hypercar that, no matter how extreme the performance, it must always engage and excite the driver. The C_Two features a triplet of high-definition TFT screens (cluster, central screen and co-driver’s display), which present as much, or as little, information as required.
Gorgeously tactile billet aluminium rotary controls and switches – including three displays with rotating control – provide a resolutely analogue feel tailored to make use of cutting-edge digital technology. From the cockpit, the driver can monitor every aspect of the car’s performance with real-time telemetry – downloadable to a laptop or smartphone for later review.
As part of the suite of electronics that comes with advanced autonomous capability, the Driving Coach configuration in the Rimac C_Two is capable of overlaying selected race tracks in real-time, offering clear and precise audio, visual and direct guidance on racing lines, braking/acceleration points and steering inputs. A near-gaming experience, with real-world excitement.
The same artificial intelligence will provide intervention and active safety as ‘ADAS’ (advanced driver-assistance system) while on the road: collision risk prediction combined with automatic emergency braking and evasive control, to blind-spot monitoring, lane-keep assist and fully adaptive cruise control including traffic pilot functionality. AI capabilities are enabled by the state-of-art NVIDIA hardware.
However, the Rimac C_Two is, at its heart, always a driver’s car, capable of engaging and exciting anyone, from novice to experienced racer. It is amazingly user-friendly, incredibly effective and filled with unique character. Even the ownership experience is unlike any other, since the ownership of a Rimac C_Two is more than just the buying of an object. It is the start of an intimate relationship with a brand. Once a customer has purchased a Rimac, they are invited into the family. A set of customization options is available, designed and developed in-house to make any Rimac C_Two as completely individual as the owner, and with the production process on-site at Rimac’s facility, anything is possible.
- General: All-electric two-seat supercar
- Number of units: Limited to 150 units
- Homologation: Full global certification, including USA
- Power: 1.408 kW / 1.914 hp
- Motor torque: 2.300 Nm
- Wheel torque 1st gear: 17.047 Nm
- Wheel torque 2nd gear: 8.227 Nm
- Acceleration 0-60 mph: 1,85 seconds
- Acceleration 0-100 km/h: 1,97 seconds
- Acceleration 0-300 km/h: 11,8 seconds
- 1/4 mile time: 9,1 seconds
- Top speed: 412 km/h / 258 mph
- Range: 650 km NEDC
- Chassis and structure
- Structure: Carbon-fibre monocoque with integrated structural battery pack and bonded carbonfibre roof. Structural reinforcements and crumple-zones for front, rear and side-impact. Carbon-fibre rear subframe. Front and rear aluminium crash structures.
- Suspension: Double-A-arm wishbone suspension with electronically adjustable dampers and active ride-height.
- Front brakes: CCMR 390mm 6-piston
- Rear brakes: CCMR 390mm 6-piston
- Powertrain: Four independent permanent-magnet electric motors, four-wheel drive with software-controlled torque vectoring.
- Rear gearboxes: Two independent two-speed gearboxes
- Front gearboxes: Two independent single-speed gearboxes
- Cooling: 7 independent cooling systems – all fans and pumps running on 48V
- Capacity: 120 kWh
- Chemistry: Lithium Manganese Nickel
- Cell format: Cylindrical, 21700 form-factor
- Number of cells: 6960
- Maximum voltage: 720V
- Cooling: Liquid
- Fast charge: 250 kW DC Combo (<30 min 0-80% SoC)
- On-board charging: 3-phase 22 kW
- Active elements: Front diffusors, rear diffusor, rear wing, bonnet turning vane, underbody inlets and outlets
- Cd in low-drag mode: 0,28
- Control: Central control system coordinating torque vectoring, active aerodynamics and suspension
- Airbags: Driver airbag (Steering wheel)
- Passenger airbag
- Side airbag (lamella bag installed in the door at belt line)
- Seatbelt (complete system)
- Airbag control unit (ECU) and crash sensors
- Active safety: Collision risk prediction and Automatic Emergency Braking with evasive control (steering and motion planning) for collision avoidance
- Dynamic systems: Torque Vectoring with traction control and stability control, integrated with hydraulic ESP and ABS system.
- Structural: Pre-preg monocoque passanger cell with aluminum and carbon-fibre crash structures and deformation zones.
- 8x cameras (including front stereo vision)
- 1 or 2 Lidar
- 6x radars
- 12 ultrasonic
- Lenght: 4750 mm
- Width: 1986 mm
- Height: 1208 mm
- Wheelbase: 2745 mm
- Weight: 1.950 kg